Stop us if you’ve heard any of these before
We created the Skills Centre for calligraphers who:
- Are confused about the different tools and equipment available.
- Do not know where to start their calligraphy.
- Cannot decide which calligraphy style is best for them.
- Are concerned about developing bad techniques.
- Are not making progress when they practice.
- Feel confused about which resources are best to use
- Who struggle to layout their work in a gratifying and creative manner.
Scribblers Calligraphy Skills Centre is a training community for the beginner calligrapher and for those enthusiasts who want to improve and expand their lettering knowledge.
It is packed with in-depth, practical training alongside numerous resources on all aspects of learning, practising and producing beautiful calligraphy.
Scribblers Skills Centre will:
1. Direct you through the vast array of calligraphy nibs, inks and equipment, allowing you to identify the best tools for your projects.
2. Give you step-by-step instructions on different lettering styles and the projects they are best suited to.
3. Make your practice sessions more productive and progressive, helping you to avoid developing bad techniques.
4. Give you guidance on how to overcome pen and ink problems, and the best way to correct things when your calligraphy goes wrong (and it sometimes does!).
5. Inspire you with creative project ideas and give you clear, detailed instructions on how to do them.
6. Help you to develop your layout skills to produce attractive final calligraphy pieces.